Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nothing Yet

Not a damn thing.  Nada.  Zilch.  Zip.  And tomorrow's going to promise more of the same; I had to make sure my dad was properly armed for a confrontation if Fisk decided to pounce.  That means I had to express an interest in hunting; I think my grandfather bought me a hunting license when I was born, or some shit.  Great.  Now me and my old man are going to head out into the woods tomorrow at the crack of dawn, so I can watch him shoot a couple deer, and cut them open.  I'm not squeamish, by any means, but come ON.  Why would I want to do that?

Well, there was ONE eventful thing today; my dad is a little more observant than I gave him credit for.  We got on the interstate at about 9:00.  Fisk's guys got on at 9:01.  I do have to give credit where credit was due.  I had to try pretty damn hard to keep a look on them, especially with my dad prattling on about hunting.  I told him I wanted to do some walking around South Carolina today, and make the best of it.  I think I'd turned to look over my shoulder for the 17th time when he spoke.

"What is it son?  That blue Mercedes?"

I couldn't even make a response to that one.  I just kinda nodded, and asked how he knew.  Turns out my dad had noticed them in the neighborhood, and following us to the highway.  We stopped to get some snuff, and they stopped too; I think they were trying to fuel up, though a few of them ran inside pretty fast, so I guess some of them hadn't thought about how long a drive it was going to be.  I have to admit, the next part was the funniest.

Guys, my dad bought EVERY CONTAINER OF SNUFF IN THAT PLACE.  EVERY.  ONE.  And then he said they'd pay for it.  I saw the owner walk outside, point at one of them, and pull them inside.  My dad left them all by the dumpster, so I don't think this guy will press charges.  What I do know is that those guys were freaking out to the max, when they found out they owed over $500 to this guy.  Me and my dad laughed all the way to the hotel.  He hasn't said anything about it yet, but I do have to admit I have some newfound respect for the guy, now.

-The Meteorologist

1 comment: